Sunday, October 31, 2010

What not to do on your last day of work.



















(Not mine, but basically identical)


It would've been immensely more interesting if I could have told you that I went out Jerry Maguire-style (forgetting that Tom Cruise played him, of course) screaming down the middle of the office common but alas, that was not my story. Instead, I quietly faded away with a sad email stating how I severely sprained my ankle playing soccer during lunch and that hopefully I would be back next week to make my rounds when I returned to pick up the rest of my office tchotchkes. (Yes, I looked that word up). I really didn't realized how bad it was, even after I continously heard, "Oh, yeah, an ankle sprain is way worse than a clean break!" Yep, thanks. Got it.
Alas, it has been over three months now - I have packed/moved out of an apartment, traveled 3,000 miles across our beautiful country and climbed a 3,767 meter mountain but honestly I still think about the stupid thing every day. Moral of the story, don't sprain your ankle and try to plan a year long working holiday. Actually, just don't sprain your ankle. It looks really sad in the airport or at a campsite when your barely 100 pound girlfriend is carrying the heavy things while you sit on the sideline with your foot elevated.

Hmm, or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment