Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And So Are the Days of Our Lives

We arrived in Alpharetta, Georgia later the same night with only one thing on our minds, our portfolios. We had been avoiding the thought of them for months now, and it seemed that the pending doom was far too near. After a quick meal of Ippolito’s and a glass of wine with Kathy (god bless Kathy) and Mimi, we were off to bed in our ironically Asian themed room. (Let’s just say so far we have encountered more tropical/Caribbean themed rooms in Asia than anything else.)
The next morning we were up at an ungodly hour, I believe working folk call it 8 am. to start re-learning html and css for the 18,000th time. Each time I update my site I promise myself I will never leave it for this long again and every time I do. Luckily I’ve found a life partner who does the same as me, so for the next 3 weeks we sat around kicking ourselves and each other for not starting any sooner.  
Our days were spent with Mimi, Buffy, Kathy Lee, Hoda and a wide variety of soap opera characters who I was pleased to find were still up to the same old tricks; just the way I’d left them, back in the summer of 1996, when I first well in love with Austin on Days of Our Lives. Sometimes as a reward for our hard work, we would sprinkle in a meal of Chic-filet, or maybe a trip to Goodwill to browse for treasures we knew we couldn’t buy.
The evenings on the other hand, were spent decompressing from the days’ work on our portfolios and calls to endless insurance agents at Blue shield. Hanging out with the Genovese family seemed to be as easy as being with my own. Much like my family they are loud, have a great appreciation for good food, and enjoy a few inappropriate comments being thrown in at the dinner table.
Oh, I finally did get to see Atlanta too. A couple of great nights spent in the city with Justin’s friends . The ATL is home to some of the finest dancers I’ve seen. One name in particular comes to mind when thinking of the endless sea of double-lump-a-licious ladies dancing up a storm at MJQ, Tom Rittenhouse.

 
IMG_0074
* Please note, limited pictures are available,
as all staff photographers were on holiday.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh good old MJQ. You are 100% right Yas. Best dancers up in that house. The circles are ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I miss my double-lumpalicious friend (you guys)!!!!!!
    -T-

    ReplyDelete